Choosing a Fulfillment Services Provider
You may wonder, why should I use a fulfillment company? Outsourcing order fulfillment has many benefits, such as reduced operating costs, a broader reach to help you grow into new markets, and working with a fulfillment provider allows you to focus on other aspects of your business. Also referred to as a 3PL, great fulfillment services start with superior warehousing and inventory practices.
Using a fulfillment/warehouse provider can be cheaper than having to rent storage space and hire more staff. Fulfillment companies only charge you for the space you use, and you only pay for the packaging and shipping of items that get ordered. This allows your expenses to scale up or down, based on the number of orders received.
- Short-term leases at 1 month minimum
- Climate controlled
- Secure, insured and sprinklered
- FDA Registered for non-perishable food storage and distribution
Look for a fulfillment provider that offers same day shipping to gain shorter shipping time. Accuracy is vital as mistakes in picking and packing orders can cost you customers. A fulfillment service center is also a technology service center. Make sure you use a provider that offers you a storefront or dashboard where you can log into your inventory management system to access real-time data and reporting. This is critical for maintaining adequate inventory levels, so you don’t run out of product. You should be able to manage your inventory by using a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- E-commerce, Returns, Reverse Logistics
- HIPAA compliant
- Kitting, smart kitting, custom kitting, “proof of concept” kit and package building
- Pick and Pack
- Dashboard driven inventory management online
- Veracore® Warehouse Management SAS system
- LTL, Full Truck Load, UPS, FedEx, USPS and 3PL
- Tracking of shipments
- Inkjet mailing and tabbing
- Full time staff with warehouse manager on site
If your products contain food items, make sure that your fulfillment provider is registered with the FDA. To protect your non-perishable food products, a secure, climate controlled and sprinklered warehouse is a must!
At Spectra, we warehouse, kit, pick, pack and ship to the world. Contact us today for more information on fulfillment solutions.