Kitting and Fulfillment Services
Spectra’s kitting and fulfillment services helps you to leverage a boost in sales by creating kits. By bundling your products together, you give customers a customized solution in a box. Customers LOVE the whole kitting concept. You’re not only a big hit with your customers, but you benefit by adding value to your business and product.
It’s the little things that make a difference in your business.Customers feel that a business cares about them by offering several solutions in one box. Kitting is simply bundling several products in one box. If your target audience is busy mothers, why not bundle a lotion of the month, a facial cleanser, and a moisturizer. Another option would be creating a box of relaxation that includes a candle, face mask, and bath bombs.
What are the benefits of kitting and fulfillment services?By partnering with Spectra, you gain a host of solutions that save you money and time.
- Warehouse space for your inventory
- Inventory management system that updates routinely and provides real-time data
- Order management system that monitors and tracks every order end-to-end
- Reduced packaging costs
- Picking, packing, and custom kitting
- Packaging optimization that minimizes waste
- Warehouse personnel
- Quality control
- Your customer is more inclined to be a repeat buyer.
- Customers are more prone to leave positive reviews and ratings for your business.
- For those shopping for gifts, kitting is more appealing because of the variety in one box.
- You stand out from other businesses.
- Unsold kits go back into individual inventory, preventing loss of investment revenue.
How does kitting and fulfillment services work?Spectra works closely with you to bundle products together. We will rely on certain decisions you make regarding your kitting and fulfillment services.
- How many kitted orders do you anticipate your customers ordering?
- Based on foreseeable orders, you will need to have ample inventory reserves on hand.
- What method of kitting do you prefer:
- Upfront – fulfilled ahead of time for on-hand stock (less labor-intensive which saves you in costs)
- On-Demand – fulfilled at the time order arrives (more labor-intensive)
- Do you want creative packaging for your kitted items?
- Your order is received at Spectra’s fulfillment center.
- Our order management team forwards the information to a kitting and fulfillment services team member who will pick the products from your inventory bins. If something requires minor assembly, the team member will assemble it.
- The products will be carefully placed into packaging and provided ample cushioning for protection.
- The fulfillment team member forwards the packaged order to the shipping team, who then weighs and selects the most efficient and quickest method of shipping. A shipping label is placed on the package.
- The customer receives a notification with a tracking number for shipping.
- The appropriate shipper picks up the package, and once it arrives at its destination, delivery confirmation is forwarded to you.
HIPAA Compliance Kitting SolutionFor our healthcare clients, our HIPAA kit fulfillment services are an invaluable resource in their efforts to stay in touch with their audience. It can be a very complicated process to compile various materials, personalize shipments, and ensure that every recipient gets the correct items, all while protecting the personal and medical information of those recipients as required under HIPAA guidelines. Spectra has worked in clinical trial recruitment and other healthcare fields for many years and is ideally situated to provide your HIPAA compliant fulfillment needs.
Sales just got a whole lot sweeter because of kittingGive us a call today for more information on kitting and fulfillment services.
Spectra’s Accuracy, Reliability, and Speed Helps us rank as one of the East coast’s Premier leaders in the industry
What is kitting?
Kitting is the process in which individually separate but related items are picked, packaged, and supplied together as one part number. For example, in ordering an engine overhaul kit online, a dealer or distributor may select pistons, rings, seals, and other necessary spare parts from several vendors.
What is kitting in a fulfillment center?
Kitting in a fulfillment center is the physical act of finding multiple SKUs, bundling them into a single package, and creating a new SKU for that package before shipping. This involves warehouse workers picking multiple products and bringing them to an assembly area where they are packed together and shipped.
What does a kitting specialist do?
Kitting multiple products into single package(s) Assist with picking and packing of orders. Assist with unpacking and receiving of inbound product shipments into the warehouse management system.
What is kitting in 3PL?
Kitting and assembly is a fulfillment service offered by most third-party logistics (3PL) providers that involves packaging items that arrive as separate pieces into a single grouping in advance of it being ordered by customers.
What is a kit in shipping?
Warehouse kitting is the process of taking different yet related SKUs and combining them together to create a new SKU. Essentially, warehouse kitting involves fulfilling customer orders by pre-assembling individual items into kits that are ready to ship out right away, rather than picking and packing them individually.
What is kitting and staging?
Kitting and staging of items required to complete a task is an effective activity to reduce waste in manufacturing processes. This activity ensures that the performance of the task is not delayed while waiting or preparing items that are critical to the completion of the task.
What is a kitting manager?
Storage – A 3PL manages and stores the manufacturer's parts. Kitting – Once parts have been ordered, a 3PL will pick the requested parts from inventory and combine them into designated kits.
What is Ecommerce kitting?
Kitting refers to bundling multiple items into one unique SKU, to be treated as one shippable item. Products can be virtually kitted on your marketplace or warehouse management system (WMS) or physically kitted into prepackaged sets.
What are kitting fees?
A kitting fee is the cost associated with assembling a kit before shipping it. Kits require more time and energy to put together than a single product, so companies charge more for it. Kitting fees usually range between $30 and $50 per hour.
What does kitting mean in shipping?
The kitting process consists of compiling individual items into ready to ship packages, known as kits. This kitting process typically uses an assembly line and a variety of pick and pack fulfillment methods.