Printing and Fulfillment Services
Print distribution can be labor-intensive, devouring precious time most of us have little of these days. Many business owners choose to handle print distribution in-house, without realizing it costs them money and time that could be utilized elsewhere. The Downside of Doing Your Own Printing Fulfillment or Print Distribution
- It requires multiple personnel with a keen eye for accuracy. Often, quality control is severely lacking with DIY mailings because of human error. Every piece of mail incorrectly fulfilled will cost you in labor and supplies.
- You must have the technology and hardware to print. If you don’t, you face getting your material printed commercially, which takes time to get quotes, approve proofs, pay setup fees, and wait for completion.
- You must go out and purchase the necessary supplies such as envelopes/boxes, labels, packing materials, scales, and so on.
- You must take the shipment to the local post office or shipping center. Regardless of your shipping method, you will pay higher prices because the rates have not been negotiated.
- The only means of tracking the shipment is a tracking number the shipper provides.
- Delivery times can be delayed or be lengthy.
How You Benefit With a Printing Fulfillment ServiceBusinesses begin to grow, and once those growing pains begin, time becomes something that must be delicately balanced. When it’s not, the overall business begins to suffer. Leveraging both time and the tasks at hand that need to get done is something that every business needs to be thinking about. One of those tasks includes printing or print distribution. Who has time to stop running a very active business to handle and manage a print distribution? Your personnel are also doing their best to support you, and they too find themselves stretched thin.
Reasons to Partner With a Print Distribution Fulfillment Service
- Your business is bursting at the seams in growth, and you just can’t keep up with things that need to get done.
- Your personnel have little to no time to take on a print distribution or any other task.
- Your shipment takes longer to arrive.
- You are storing printed materials in every unimaginable place and quickly running out of room.
- Labor Allocation is Optimized
- You and your personnel are freed up to focus on more important areas of the business to keep it growing. The amount of labor invested in gathering, printing, processing, shipping, tracking, and handling returns is costly. Training your personnel on how to do print distributions also require time and skill.
- No Supply Expenses
- You save on the expense of supplies and don’t have to find the storage space to house it all.
Spectra Is Your Print Fulfillment ServiceWhen you are looking for solutions for getting your printed matter fulfilled and/or distributed, we have everything under one roof with an all-in-one solution. Our All-In-One Solution Includes:
- Quality Control
- Inventory Management
Warehousing Solutions Made SimpleAre you running out of places to store your inventory and space is quickly becoming prime real estate within your work area?
What exactly are printing fulfillment services?
Print fulfillment is where third-party vendors print, store, assemble, collate, package, and even ship promotional and printed products. When you partner with a print fulfillment company, efficiency is the main goal. Companies like Spectra have unique advantages in this space with advanced technology.
What is fulfillment as a service?
As a fulfillment model, fulfillment as a service is when digital sellers make use of the resources from a fulfillment service on-demand. It is possible that you have heard of FaaS or Logistics as a Service (LaaS). Things like warehouse resources, adaptive storage, and pricing models that meet your real-time needs are the major components.
What are printing services?
Printing services usually refer to digital printing, offset printing, and quick copy. In recent years, digital printing has become extremely popular due to its major advantages over offset printing. In 2019, the global printing market size was valued at $25.74 billion. It’s projected to reach $35.71 billion by 2028.
What does print on demand fulfillment refer to?
Print-on-demand (POD) refers to when companies print something right after it is ordered. It is a great order fulfillment method that usually comes without order minimums. The time that it takes to complete the job varies on the size of it but is rather fast compared to other options.
What is dropshipping?
This is a very unique fulfillment method where businesses don’t actually handle the products that they sell at all. Basically, you can feature products on your website for a certain price, and then when someone orders something, it automatically places the order for a lower price to the company that handles it for the customer, and you keep the profit.
Why is effective printing important?
Printing has the ability to majorly improve the way that your brand represents itself, simply by adopting interesting colors, fonts, images, and text. Sometimes simply the texture of your paper can intrigue a customer! Consumer printers lack certain abilities that professional printers have.
What is variable data printing?
Variable data printing, or VDP, is another form of a print fulfillment service. This option has each printed piece customized for specific recipients. For example, a promotional postcard will be printed with individual names and addresses. These postcards couldn’t be sent without these variable changes.
Why should print distribution be outsourced?
Considering the fact that print distribution is quite labor-intensive, a large number of business owners have found that outsourcing their print distribution saves them time and money that should be spent focusing on growth. Chances are you didn’t start your business thinking you would be in the print fulfillment space with the majority of your time.
Is the ability to print on demand important?
Print on demand, or POD, is very useful. In particular, it enables you to be able to print exactly what is needed without the need to make a bulk purchase. Business owners are used to having to pay for tons of printed and promotional materials and then find space for it all. With print on demand, you can just order what you need without requirements in quantity, also being able to make changes as desired along the way.
What are the advantages of print fulfillment?
For one, quality control is a serious advantage considering this is a lacking area with typical DIY printings and mailings due to human error. When a print fulfillment center takes the reigns, their quality control processes can identify potential errors and resolve them before they are printed. There aren’t minimum order requirements. Another advantage is you can save time and money as a business owner focusing on growth rather than managing printing.