Fulfillment and Warehousing
Are you looking for fulfillment and warehousing solutions? Warehousing costs can be exorbitant when procuring a warehouse. You also face the additional expense of hiring warehouse and management personnel, supplies, technology, and training. By partnering with Spectra, you have warehousing, inventory management, and fulfillment all under one roof.
What is a fulfillment and warehousing service?A fulfillment company provides warehouse space to store inventory along with the personnel to manage inventory and orders.
Distribution Fulfillment and Warehousing Does It All For You
- Accepts your new inventory arrival
- Stores and warehouses your inventory
- Receives your incoming orders
- Manages order and distribution fulfillment and shipping
- Handles inventory management
- Manages returns
- Provides you with data metrics and analytics
Spectra’s 9-Step Fulfillment and Warehousing Process
Step #1: We accept the arrival of a customer’s inventory into our warehouse.You will forward your product directly to Spectra’s warehouse to be inventoried and stored.
Step #2: The inventory is assigned space within the warehouse.We provide you space in our warehouse based on your inventory needs.
- Costs of warehouse space are not fixed but are scaled.
- We include personnel, fulfillment, and the technology to manage the warehouse, regardless of seasonal demands.
- Operational usage, on average, consists of 40,000 square feet within the warehouse. 20,000 square feet of space is flexible.
- Storage space is scaled based on demand data the inventory management system generates.
Step #3: Orders are forwarded to a fulfillment and warehousing service by you.As soon as you forward your order to us, we get the wheels turning to process and fulfill it. Our robust order management system provides us with real-time, reliable information to keep the process flowing efficiently and smoothly.
- Incoming orders alert inventory and order management systems.
- The fulfillment team relies on pertinent data relayed from the order management system for information to accurately fulfill an order.
- We provide you order-unique tailored solutions rather than a generic procedure.
- Labor and costs of our fulfillment services are scalable based on your needs.
Step #4: Your customer receives a notification of their order.Your customer receives a notification once their order is fulfilled and shipped along with tracking information. Customers prefer an “Amazon-like” fulfillment experience, which we strive to provide each time.
Step #5: The fulfillment and warehousing personnel picks, packs, and kits the order.Our fulfillment team picks, packs, and ships your orders in a rigorous manner to ensure accuracy. Spectra uses the “piece picking” method to provide faster service with the best quality control.
- The fulfillment team picks and packs orders in 24 hours or less.
- Orders placed by 2:00 p.m. (EST) get shipped that same day.
- Kitting is available and is fully customizable.
- Quality control is maintained through every phase of fulfillment.
- Attention to aesthetics in packaging is important to us.
Step #6: The fulfillment and warehousing service ships the order.
- The inventory management system is updated.
- The shipment method is determined.
- Spectra reaches 182 million in the U.S. with a 2-day ground service. 27 million in the U.S. is reachable in just one day. Our average delivery time in the U.S. is about 2.47 days. We are located halfway between New York City and Miami. This makes us a prime location for quick shipping.
Step #7: Your inventory is reconciled.It’s vital that an inventory management system continually goes through updates. Spectra’s system routinely updates numerous times within 24 hours. We can account for every product regardless of what stage of fulfillment it is in.
Step #8: Delivery confirmation is received and forwarded to you.Once your order is delivered, you will be notified. The inventory management system updates once again.
Step #9: Any returns are managed by our returns management team.
How Spectra’s Fulfillment and Warehousing Services Benefit You
- Saves you a significant amount of money because you get it all under one roof with one solution; warehouse, personnel, supplies, and technology.
- Shipping is provided to you at a reduced cost.
- Your overall business flourishes because you are not entangled with fulfillment matters.
- You have peace of mind knowing your inventory, orders, and data are managed efficiently and professionally.
- You have access to Spectra’s other services, such as printing and direct mail.
- We are HIPAA compliant.
What are fulfillment strategies?
Customer fulfillment, or order fulfillment, refers to business strategies used to get products and services to consumers. If your business is scaling for the first time, or if years of steady growth is starting to test your company's ability to fill orders, it's time to update (or create) your fulfillment strategy.
What is a fulfillment activity?
Order fulfillment is all the steps a company takes between receiving a new order and placing that order into the customer's hands. The practice involves warehousing, picking and packing the product, shipping it and sending an automated email to the customer to let them know the order is in transit.
What is included in fulfillment?
Order fulfillment costs are the total costs of storing inventory, processing orders and delivering orders to the end consumer. ... Instead, in-house fulfillment costs include the cost of labor, infrastructure and supplies, such as packaging and shipping materials.
What is a fulfillment agent?
The process of receiving, packaging and shipping orders for goods. While any company selling products directly to consumers through the mail must deal with fulfillment, this term is most often associated with eCommerce.
Do fulfillment costs include shipping?
Fulfillment costs include receiving and storing inventory, standard packaging, picking and packing, and shipping. Other fees might include kitting and returns management.
What is eCommerce fulfillment?
eCommerce fulfillment is the entire process behind getting an order delivered to a customer after they order it online. This part of the supply chain entails receiving and storing inventory, processing orders, picking items, packing boxes, and transporting the items to the customer's shipping destination.
What is kitting?
Kitting is an inventory technique where individual, but related, products are packaged and shipped together as a single bundle. ... Rather than seven different manufacturers selling their products individually, subscription box services kit them into one package to sell.
What is perfect order fulfillment?
The Supply Chain Council describes perfect order fulfillment as a discrete measurement defined as the percentage of orders delivered to the right place, with the right product, at the right time, in the right condition, in the right package, in the right quantity, with the right documentation, to the right customer
What is warehouse cycle time?
Receiving cycle time measures the average time taken to process received stock, which includes accounting for it, sorting it according to category, and then storing it. Formula: Total time spent on sorting received stock / Total number of received items.
What is the difference between a warehouse and a fulfillment center?
A warehouse is just a place to store goods. A fulfillment center receives orders, fills orders, pick and packs and offers kitting services.