Should I wear a Face Covering Out in Public?
Studies show that people can spread coronavirus even if they don’t have symptoms (called asymptomatic) or before they have symptoms (called presymptomatic). In fact, you might be the most contagious just before symptoms begin.
When someone who has COVID-19 coughs, sneezes or talks, they send tiny droplets with the coronavirus into the air. That’s where a mask can help. A face mask covers your mouth and nose. It can block the release of virus-filled droplets into the air when you cough or sneeze. This helps slow the spread of COVID-19.
The CDC recommends that everyone, sick or healthy, wear a face mask in places where it can be hard to stay 6 feet away from others, like grocery stores. According to the CDC, cloth or paper masks may help slow the spread of COVID-19, and help keep people who may unknowingly have the virus from transmitting it to others.
If you’re wearing a mask, it’s important that you know how to put it on, take it off and dispose of it correctly. The World Health Organization has these recommendations:
- Before putting on a mask, clean your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer or wash them thoroughly with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the mask, and do your best to eliminate gaps between the mask and face that would allow germs to enter.
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it. Sanitize your hands if you do.
- Do not reuse a face mask. Replace it as soon as it is damp.
- When removing the mask, do not touch the front of it where germs may have collected. Remove it from behind using the ear loops. Then throw it out immediately and clean your hands.
In an effort to support the use of masks, we have been busy designing disposable face masks to be bought in bulk, by retailers, for when a customer doesn’t have a mask in hand. Perfect for grocery stores and retail establishments.
Our SHOPPER GUARD masks are printed in full color on 10pt. cover stock paper that is purposed for single use. You can customize the imprint to market your company’s brand. This is the least expensive custom branded face guard available on the market. Click here if you’d like to buy yours today!
DISCLAIMER: These are paper based non-medical grade masks not rated by CDC, NIOSH, FDA or OSHA. Do not use for gases or vapors or to prevent COVID-19. This face mask does not remove all risks of contracting disease or infections. We make NO representation within and are not responsible for performance of them for that cause.